A career coach provides clients with professional support to successfully navigate academic and career issues. The coach will educate you on the strategies, tools, and resources available to become more pro-active and take charge of your academic or work life. As your coach, I will assess your current situation and offer feedback to help clarify your career goals and objectives. As an objective observer, listener and communicator, I will work with you to develop a career roadmap to support positive change.
Career coaching may be right for you if you feel you need assistance in dealing with any of the following issues:
- Assessing and exploring strengths, interests, personality, motivation, and values
- Returning to school as an adult student for degree completion or graduate study.
- Researching and selecting an occupation
- Designing a strategic resume and cover letter
- Developing a more effective, strategic job search
- Interview preparation/coaching
- Exploring options for alternative careers
- Navigating a career transition
- Evaluating opportunities for additional training/education
- Identifying barriers to career movement and success
- Focus on Results: Defining goals, action plans, time management, and organizational skills
- Achieving the desired level of work-life balance
- Creating a targeted plan for ongoing career development
Working with me as your professional career coach can provide you with the structure, objectivity and motivation to answer serious questions and make informed decisions. I have completed specialty training and maintain industry credentials and alliances to represent the profession of career coaching…and to support the career development needs of the clients served.